We demonstrate our full-HD autostereoscopic display at SF-Zone in IMID 2017.
We demonstrated our full-HD autostereoscopic display at I-Zone in SID Display Week 2017.
Our paper titled "Parallax Barrier Based Autostereoscopic Display with a Deep Viewing Zone" received the Best Paper Award at 3DSA 2016.
We exhibited a high definition autostereoscopic display at CEATEC 2014.
We exhibited high definition autostereoscopic displays at CEATEC 2013.
We presented "Floating Volume Viewer" at SIGGRAPH ASIA 2012.
About our laboratory
Visual Media Lab is engaged in the research on 3D displays and mass communication technologies (MCT).
3D group is developing 3D displays with natural focal accommodation and motion parallax both in horizontal and vertical directions to apply them to surgery simulations and remote control of robots, which require precise depth perception of the objects in the scene.
MCT group is developing tools for classification and visualization of political documents, such as newspaper editorials and politician's speeches, based on the natural language processing techniques.
|Address||Visual Media Laboratory
Department of Intelligent Interaction Technologies,
Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering,
University of Tsukuba,
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki,
|Phone FAX||+81-29-853-5381 (Laboratory)|
+81-29-853-5255 (Staff room)
|kake (at) iit.tsukuba.ac.jp|
3D Visual Displays and Applications
High definition autosterescopic display
- A high resolution aerial 3D display using a directional backlight (JIST, 2015)
- Multi-phase convex lens array for directional backlights to improve luminance distribution of autostereoscopic display (IEICE Trans., 2015)
- A high quality autostereoscopy system based on time-division quadplexing parallax barrier (IEICE Trans., 2014)
- Time-division multiplexing parallax barrier based on primary colors (SPIE Electronic Imaging)
- Viewing zone of an autostereoscopic display with a directional backlight using a convex lens array (Journal of Electronic Imaging)
Ingetral volumetric imaging
- Realization of an aerial 3D image that occludes the background scenery (Optics Express)
- Integral volumetric imaging with decentered elemental lenses (Optics Express)
- Integral volumetric imaging with dual layer fly-eye lenses (Optics Express)
- Realization of undistorted volumetric multiview image with multilayered integral imaging (Optics Express)
- Precise depth perception with coarse integral volumetric imaging (SPIE Newsroom)
Precise depth perception
3D image processing
3D camera system
Mass Communication Technology
Clustering of political documents
- Clustering of Japanese politicians based on their speech records in the Diet
- Clustering of Japanese politicians based on their tweets
- Clustering of Japanese politicians based on people's opinions on the net
- Clustering of Japanese newspapers based on their editorials
- Clustering of Japanese universities based on the messages on their web pages
- M2 Masaru OMINAMI
Yukio UEDA (11B,13M)
Zheng YAN (13M)
Tomoya KUROKAWA (10B,12M)
Atsuo NAKAO (10B,12M)
Kouichi HIGASHI (10B,12M)
Yukinori IGETA (12B)
Iori SUZUKI (12B)
Hiroaki KODAIRA (09B,11M)
Yuu HASHIMOTO (09B,11M)
Masahiro HATANAKA (08B,10M)
Yuichiro MANO (08B,10M)
Qi WANG (10M)
Yusuke NAKAGAWA (07B,09M)
Takeru MATSUDA (09M)
Takayuki TOTSUKA (09B)
Hiromitsu EBISU (06B,08M)
Masahiro SUMIYA (06B,08M)
Tetsuya KIMURA (05B,07M)
Ryota YASUI (05B,07M)
Gen KIMURA (07B)
Noriko TOKUDA (07B)
Takeshi AKUTSU (04B,06M)
Sohnosuke ISHIKAWA (06B)
Siti Nur Shahizah MOHD THAZALI (06B)
Yasuhide SAITOU (03B,05M)
Isamu MATSUDA (03B,05M)
Hidehiro KASANO (04B)
Atsushi YOKOKAWA (04B)
Naoto KOBE (03B)